Miniature Halo 3 Legendary Edition!


Is that Team Fortress in the background? Traitor!


This time round, FX feature's installment brings to you, straight from the desk of Amy aka Ring Ring, a hand made miniature Halo 3 Legendary Edition box set! This is also the winner of our last bi-monthly competition, the GAME FX.

This piece was hand sculpted from Super Sculpey polymer clay and hand painted over. Comes with a scaled down model of the box as well. Verdict: As fans of the Halo series, we can't say no. We love it, Amy.


That's either a really huge monitor, or a very small Halo 3 legendary edition.




The piece measures a mere 5 x 5.5 x 5.5 cm, that's way smaller than what our fat hands can handle.

Of all things, why did you choose to model a Halo 3 Legendary Edition box set?

I've always wanted to make a game character model. And during the time while I was thinking of a new project, Halo 3 was the biggest thing in the gaming industry. So, I decided to make something mini (again lol), and the thought of making a mini helmet was too cute to resist. Also, just simply doing the helmet was not enough for me, so I did entire box.

The model looks detailed... Was it difficult to make? How long did it take you?

It was very challenging for me to sculpt the helmet since I wanted to get the details at all the right places. It took me several hours at each sitting. I had to sometimes start over and it took forever to fine tune the details. In total, I would say it took me about 15-20 hours but it was over the span of 2 months as I have school and also two part time jobs.

Could you give a list of the materials you used for this project?

I used Super Sculpey to sculpt the helmet and the stand. They were painted with Acrylic paint after baking. For the box, I put together images in Photoshop and printed them on Matte Photo Paper.

Is it us, or do you like miniature models? Your model looks tiny!

Haha, yes as you can see from my portfolio on deviantart, I do have a thing for miniatures! I collect anything mini and I love to sculpt anything mini! I think it's very challenging and they are just too cute!

Any plans to make other models?

Definitely! I love to make models and I will definitly be making more and more! Right now, I'm just generating some ideas for my next project. Most likely, it would be another game character! You guys are all welcome to give suggestions =)


If only Amy mass produced these things, we would sure love to get our hands on one of these for the desk. Give Amy some love on her Deviant art page.


Like models? Click here to join our forums!

3 comments:

Jorian said...

thats awsome!

kaz said...

Do you have a template for the box?

tablet pc barato said...

Very worthwhile info, lots of thanks for your article.